Internet Rechartering

Renew Unit Charters

2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

A representative of each unit can now complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or chartered organization.

Each unit planning to use the Internet Rechartering option, must select a member of the unit committee to be their "Renewal Processor".

Using the individualized code supplied in the charter renewal packet, this individual can access your unit information and complete the information update.

To Renew a Charter Online

2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

  • Up to sixty days before the unit's expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now and begins the process.
  • When the online process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
  • The unit leader and the Executive Officer of the chartered organization sign the charter renewal application. Forward the application along with the material you received in your rechartering packet (such as the Quality Unit application), and all appropriate fees to the Council Service Center, before the Charter expiration date.

To use Internet Advancement:

  • Select someone to be the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
  • Obtain a unit ID code from the council. If the unit advancement processor attends the May roundtable, they can obtain the unit ID code there.
  • Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
  • Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
  • Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it when you purchase the badges. Save a copy for your files. You will still need to submit the application for merit badge (blue card) for any merit badges reported.

Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.

Important Message

2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

The chartered organization representative (CR) is the ONLY individual who can be registered in more than one position within the same unit. The CR may serve in a multiple capacity as the committee chair (CC) or committee member (MC) within the unit, if there are not enough adults registered for these positions.

Other adults may register in only one position per unit.


2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

Assistance for problems with Internet Advancement is available from the Council Registrars (631-924-7000, extensions 120 or 126), Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.