Process Ranks and Awards
2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster
Units can now process ranks and awards for Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews, Ships and Posts. Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Internet Advancement for the following:
- Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
- Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout rank). This will allow you to enter any missing advancements before you enter current advancements.
To use Internet Advancement:
- Select someone to be the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Obtain a unit ID code from the council. If the unit advancement processor attends the May roundtable, they can obtain the unit ID code there.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
- Click the Process button on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it when you purchase the badges. Save a copy for your files. You will still need to submit the application for merit badge (blue card) for any merit badges reported.
Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.