Day Visitors (Saturday only, includes a meal ticket for dinner Saturday night)
Admission & Meal Voucher Order Form.
- If paid by April 3rd, 2013 - $20.00 per person
- If paid by April 10th, 2013 - $25.00 per person
- If paid after April 10th or at the gate - $30.00 per person
Weekend Overnight Campers (Friday - Sunday): (Scouts, includes a meal ticket for lunch on Saturday)
Admission & Meal Voucher Order Form.
- If paid by April 3rd, 2013 - $25.00 per person
- If paid by April 10th, 2013 - $30.00 per person
- If paid after April 10th or at the Gate - $35.00 per person
All fees include admission to the Saturday night show! Children under 4 years old are free. Siblings, parents and guests are welcome to spend the day and see the show, but may not stay overnight. Participation Patches, Unit Ribbons and Certificates are included in the ticket fee.
Parking - As we prepare for this amazing event please keep in mind that we are planning for 5,000+ people. Space is limited, but if we all work together there is room for everyone and a great time will be had by all.
Let's all try and do two things from the very beginning. BE PATIENT and CARPOOL. If we all remember to keep those two things in mind then we'll be off to a great start.
- All units will be assigned to one of two park entrances. This will help to move the traffic flow in and out more quickly. This allows for less waiting and more time to have fun.
- Please follow all directions given by the parking and security staff. (They have your best interest at heart)
- IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER, THEN THERE WILL BE ROOM FOR EVERYONE.
- Please carpool! Arrange for as few cars as possible. Get dropped off if you can. Lets work together toward having as many people as possible with the least amount of vehicles as possible.
For those arriving on Saturday as Day Visitors, the gates and registration will open at 7:30AM. The Activities will start at 9:00AM.
For units that are camping overnight
- The gates will open at 3:00pm on Friday afternoon and remain open until 10:00pm on Friday night.
- Camping units will be given a parking permit which will allow one vehicle to remain in an assigned parking lot. Other vehicles from this unit will need to park in an off site location (the actual campground at Southaven Park) and will be shuttled back.
- Cars parked in the parking lot without a parking pass on Friday night will be towed at the owners expense.
Units that are camping overnight on Saturday only, and which will arrive on Saturday morning, will need to be dropped off in a designated area and their equipment will need to be carried in to your site. Gates open at 7:30AM.
Five EASY STEPS TO GET IN ON THE FUN!!!
Step 1 - If you haven't already done so, send in your unit's Hold-a-Space Reservation form and $75 deposit. These forms were mailed to every committee chair and distributed at Roundtable Meetings. There is also a copy in the Leader Guide. We understand that it is a bit early to know which members of your unit will participate, but you should make sure that we know as soon as possible that your unit plans to attend. You can skip this step, but camping spaces fill up fast and we won't know to keep you in the loop as things progress. Once we have your Hold-a-Space information (which should include an e-mail contact), we can be sure you get all the latest updates and changes as soon as they occur.
Step 2 - Go over all the information in the Leader Guide carefully, so that you can make plans for your unit to participate to the fullest. Circulate information to leaders and parent and have them commit/sign-up and pay you for their family's admission bracelets and meals. Send your Admission and Meal Voucher Order Forms to the Council Service Center with payment prior to the appropriate deadlines. There are separate forms for Weekend Campers and Day Only participants, so be sure to use the correct forms. Pay special attention to pricing deadlines, as they are not all the same. Late sign ups and "Pay at the Gate" can be accommodated, but the prices are higher.
Step 3 - Stay informed. Check the Council website (www.sccbsa.org) regularly, attend your District Roundtables, and watch your email for updated information and changes as we get closer to the event.
Step 4 - Get your Participation Packet. Beginning April 15th, 2013 Participation Packets for all units that have signed up and paid in full will be available at the Council Service Center for pick up. The person picking up your packet will be asked to count bracelets and vouchers and sign for the packet.
These packets will contain:
- Admission bracelets (no one will be admitted to the Activity Areas or Show Arena without a bracelet)
- Meal vouchers
- Your unit's park entrance assignment for parking (Carpool, Carpool, Carpool!)
- Program and Activity schedules
- Site map of Southaven Park
- A unit roster form (This form must be filled out and turned in at the registration area at the park in order to receive your unit's participation patches and ribbon.)
- Any last minute changes or information you should know about.
- Any trading post items your unit preordered
If your unit is camping, your packet will also contain:
- Your unit's camp site assignment
- Gear vehicle/parking pass (This is for the one vehicle that will be permitted into the camping area, one time only, to unload troop gear and then park in the assigned parking area on site.)
- Off site parking information for all other over night parking.
Step 5 - Come have fun! If you haven't heard yet, this will be Suffolk County's biggest event ever! Don't miss out on any of it!